Sunday, March 1, 2009

Howdy!


All,

Without getting into the gory details, I am doing great up here in the frigid lands of Iowa. Aside from the excyma that is pealing away my fingertips, all is well. As most of you can see I am purchasing a yellow lab, which is him in the picture. I have been going o see the litter of 4 every week since they were 2 weeks old. I get him on the 9th of March and I predict that will be the date I start o lose sleep. I do, however, need some help with names. So far I have Copper, Cooper, Baxter, Charlie (sorry Uncle Chuck), Chopper, or Hello. It is weird but I did not intentionally pick names that started with "C". Please let me know if you have any names in your back pocket that might suit my new best friend.

Work is going great, I have been doing allot of traveling lately. In the past month I have been to Huntsville AL., Fort Rucker AL., and Fort Bragg NC. (Aka Fayettenaam). It has fallen upon me to lead the flight test team into glory for our latest software drop in the CH-47F Chinook. This will be an interesting endeavor. I do not have any experience with flight testing but I look at it as a learning experience. I believe I will do just fine and everything will work out as planned.

Love to hear back from all of you, I know that I don't keep in touch as much as I used to but hopefully this might help!

Love you all,
Evan

3 comments:

  1. What a beautiful puppy! You should definitely compare notes with Andy and Laura about bringing up a Yellow Lab. Arrow is still a bundle of energy, even with his aging hips. He is a very loyal, and brilliant dog, and the only possibility that he might hurt someone is with his dinosaur tail.

    I love picking out dog names!
    Here are some humble submissions:
    Champ
    Chinook
    Ace
    Pilot
    Slumdog

    Keep the photos coming! Your shot of Iowa in the winter is more beautiful than I thought was possible.

    Love,
    Aunt Paula

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Paula's opinion of your shot of Iowa. Beauty! Now, as to dog names. Let us slowly back away from the 'C's... I DO like Baxter. Here are some more:
    Bentley
    Fletcher
    Brady
    Grady
    Gunner (as in Tail Gunner... see above)
    Jax (after Jacksonville)
    Embry
    Riddle
    ...and any name gleaned from the writings of Charles Dickens: Pip, Chillup, Smike, Squeers, Chuzzlewit, Quilp, Rudge, Drood, Trot (I am not making these up)

    Oh, I say... I quite like "Trot!"

    That should be enough to get you going. Are you going to select a field of 5 and then put it to us for our opinions and vote? I get dibs on being the Simon Cowell character... Paula can be Paula Abdul.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Chopper...best name ever. Not only does it relate to the current testing you are doing, but the reference to the movie "Stand By Me" is irresistible. Glad to hear things are going well for you out there. We are on the home stretch of our tour here in Norfolk. You'll be happy to know that your aviator cousin was able to successfully navigate an aircraft carrier in and out of port. Mom passed on your congrats for my promotion...thanks. I'll give you a call when I have more time. Later, Dave

    ReplyDelete